More than ever these days we love coming across amazing products for a reasonable price – but what about when those products and the company who produces them also give back in the process?
We put together a short list of five stellar brands we think are doing the right thing by supporting communities around the world with jobs, providing solutions to their most challenging problems, or donating to important causes.
- Headbands of Hope. For every headband purchased through Headbands of Hope, one is given to a little girl with cancer to help lift her spirits and cope with losing her hair. $1 per headband is also donated to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to fund life-saving childhood cancer research. We absolutely love the wide range of headbands to choose from as well as the fact that this company gives cancer a one-two punch by generating happiness and funding important research to conquer it.
- Blanket America. This company not only has amazing prices on high quality bedding, throws, towels, and pillows, but each time you purchase a product Blanket America makes it a donation as part of their broader commitment to ending poverty. On top of giving domestically, they have provided disaster relief for Haiti and helped to create jobs through their Haiti line of products. Snuggle up knowing that your purchase is providing comfort to someone who needs it most.
- Noonday Collection. This incredible brand sells fair trade jewelry and accessories such as belts, scarves, arm wear and bags from all over the world. Their funds support more than 1,000 artisans across the globe and provide communities in areas such as Ethiopia, Ecuador and Uganda with business opportunities, scholarship programs, emergency assistance, interest-free loans and so much more. Learn more about how you can create change with your fashion sense at their website!
- Nature’s Gate. Many of us already know that a lack of access to clean water has become one of the biggest public health issues and deprives millions of the health care, education and economic opportunities they deserve. In partnership with WaterAid, Nature’s Gate helps install well Ethiopia, as well as building rainwater harvesting structures at schools and health clinics. One of their goals is to educate their peers, consumers, retailers and local communities about the world water crisis and the benefits of rainwater harvesting.
- The Orphaned Earring. Have you ever lost an earring or do you have a collection of jewelry you no longer want? Donate your items to The Orphaned Earring and they’ll find a home for it by beading it into a new bracelet, effectively recycling the materials. Each bracelet sold raises funds for orphans in Latin America. Beautiful, inspiring and making a difference one earring at a time!
What brands do you love? Share your favorites in the comments below!