Last year, over 250 billion plastic bottles of water were sold. 200 billion of those ended up in landfills, rivers and oceans around the world. Treeson Spring Water decided it was time to change that.
Five years ago, Carleton Solle, founder of Treeson Spring Water was walking down a beach in Costa Rica saw first hand the destruction of pristine, natural environments caused by old plastic water bottles.
“While walking down the beautiful, pristine beach I saw an old plastic water bottle. I picked it up to drop in the trash and then I came across another, and another, and another… By the end of the walk I had picked up all I could carry. Later that night, troubled by what I had seen, I did some research and found out about the “Great Pacific Garbage Patch” a swirling vortex of trash floating in the middle of the ocean, larger than the state of Texas and growing at an alarming rate every year. That’s when I came up with an idea. What if we could take something bad and turn it into something good?”
The inspiration for Treeson was born. These water bottles are:
- 100% recyclable, biodegradable and compostable, even down to the adhesive used on the label
- The bottles are plant based, toxin free
- The innovative bottle is designed like a leaf so it can be folded flat, shipped to a clean energy plant, and used as fuel to make more bottles.
- It is returnable to the the US Post Office to help in recycling.
- The cardboard boxes the water is shipped in are infused with tree seeds so you can rip it up, throw it in the ground, and trees will grow.
- Bottled with Costa Rican spring water.
- Certified 100% GMO free by GeneScan
- The bottle stake less energy and produce less green house gas emissions to make than a regular water bottle.
The labels on Treeson Spring Water use:
- Eco friendly paper
- Eco-friendly, soy based ink
- Beeswax to make them rugged and waterproof. The boxes they are shipped in can be torn up, planted and used to grow trees.
And, just like Raintees, Treeson Spring Water is planting trees! The company will plant one tree for every bottle sold to help give back to our fragile environment.
So how can you get involved? Help us spread the word about Treeson Spring Water. For every daily social share on twitter you’ll receive an additional entry to win a case of Treeson Spring Water. We have 24 cases, a total retail value of $480 to give away! We’ll be randomly choosing 24 winners, and each winner will receive one case of water.
How to Enter:
- Giveaway starts Tuesday, February 11, 2014 and will run thu Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- 24 winners will be randomly chosen from all Rafflecopter entries
- Winners will be notified via email within 72 hours of drawing and the winner’s case of water will be shipped to the address provided